Thursday, January 2, 2014

Jumpstart Your Journaling 31-Day Challenge - Days 1 & 2 (Art of Manliness)

     I am undertaking the 31-day "jumpstart your journaling" challenge from The Art of Manliness. I'll be writing in my private journal, so I shan't necessarily be posting my journaling to this blog, but I figured I would share the writing prompts from the challenge. I started yesterday, but didn't get around to posting to the blog until today, so here are the first two writing prompts:

Day 1: Start with answering the question of why you want to journal, and beyond that, why you decided to embark on this 31-day experience. Write out what you’d like to get from journaling.

Day 2: Continuing to work within that idea of constraints, try to write a six-word memoir of your life so far. This idea is rumored to have originated from Papa Hemingway. The benefit is that with only six words, you really have to filter your life to what you deem most important. It may take you many iterations, but you’ll end up with something that speaks largely to who you are, if notin toto, then at least in this moment in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment