Wednesday, September 11, 2019

September 11th Reading from The Daily Stoic (Round 2) - What Would Less Look Like?

"Let us get used to dining out without the crowds, to being a slave to fewer slaves, to getting clothes only for their real purpose, and living in more modest quarters."
~ Seneca, On Tranquility of Mind, 9.3b

I've always been reasonably good at doing this. In fact, I generally live far more simply than I have to, so when it is time to tighten the belt, I generally have little problem doing so. I find it hard to give up books, however. That's my weakness. I can't imagine giving up my library nor my reading.

Today was a hard day for me on many levels. My own issues. My son in trouble at school. The anniversary of the 9/11 attack in 2001. Stoicism helps. But it was still a hard day.

No comments:

Post a Comment