Monday, September 16, 2019

September 16th Reading from The Daily Stoic (Round 2) - "Anyone Can Get Lucky, Not Everyone Can Persevere"

"Success comes to the lowly and to the poorly talented, but the special characteristic of a great person is to triumph over the disasters and panics of human life."
~ Seneca, On Providence, 4.1

I'm fighting my way back to this mindset, even if it is a naked crawl through broken glass, inch by bloody inch. I was clinically depressed in the last weeks, my brain simply not chemically functioning as it ought to. I could see the illogic of my despair, but I couldn't seem to get free of it. Until I did. Daily Stoic meditations, daily Stoic exercises, daily work, for weeks . . . until I reached a state of equilibrium again. Somehow. Now I'm trying to maintain it, and trying to continue my crawl, because while I may be better than I was, I'm still not well. And I have to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment