Monday, April 11, 2016

D&D 30 Day Challenge, Day 11

Day 11: Favorite Adventure You Have Run

     Well, this is tough. Pure D&D? Modules or just in general?
     Assuming D&D modules are meant: probably the classic I6 Ravenloft. They don't get much better written than that!

     If we're talking about stuff I wrote, I can't pick a favorite. I had a great story called "Mad Dreams In The Witch House" that was for AD&D 2nd edition. I loved a bunch of bounty-hunting stories I did for AD&D 2nd edition. I had a great campaign for 3rd edition/D&D 3.5 called the "Swashbucklers (Inc.) Campaign" that was incredible. I once saw a half-ogre named Everett the Downtrodden decapitate a foe . . . with a hammer. Great stuff.

     Moving beyond pure D&D to encompass Pathfinder and Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG: I write all my own stuff for Pathfinder. I'd be hard-pressed to name a favorite, but a long overland journey to Argyropolis (the equivalent of Vikings traveling from Sweden through Russia to Constantinople) was great! For DCC RPG I have so far only run modules, and I think the best so far has been DCC#81 The One Who Watches From Below!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment