Tuesday, April 19, 2016

D&D 30 Day Challenge, Day 19

Day 19: Favorite Monster (Elemental/Plant)

I can't have a favorite elemental, unless it is a category thereof - the Princes of Elemental Evil! First introduced in the original Fiend Folio, I loved that there were these bizarre evil elemental rulers, all of whom had strange names and appeared to have backstories about which the authors were only revealing the slightest hints  . . . I was a little bemused and oddly pleased that one of the first adventures for 5th edition D&D was Princes of the Apocalypse, which focused on these largely-forgotten favorites of mine. Heh. I'm a D&D hipster, now - I liked the Princes of Elemental Evil before it was cool!

But I don't know if you can count a category, and I don't have a favorite elemental monster otherwise. OK, then, plants? I guess the treant. Because ents, that's why!

No comments:

Post a Comment