Sunday, April 3, 2016

D&D 30-Day Challenge, Days 1-3

I intended to start this on April 1st, and circumstances conspired to prevent it. For religious reasons, I could not begin on April 2nd (a dies ater). So here we are . . . the D&D 30 Day Challenge, days 1-3:


Day 1 - How you got started
     I don't remember exactly how I got interested. But once I did, I was hooked. I really got started with the Frank Mentzer "Red Box" Basic set, with the Larry Elmore cover. Classic:
     From there, I quickly got into Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (1st edition):
     This was the cover of my first DMG! Anyway, from there, I got into all kinds of RPGs. Always loved D&D, though. I was an early adopter of 2nd edition. Thought I would hate 3rd edition but loved it (and 3.5, and Pathfinder). Thought I would love 4th edition but hated it. And while I like the look of 5th edition, I have not yet tried it. The Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG has recently brought back all the mystery and wonder I felt when I first opened my Mentzer Red Box. 

Day 2 - Favorite Playable Race
     I don't really have one anymore, but I have always loved elves (I was half an elf myself, growing up, spending as much time wandering alone in the forests of New England and dreaming of immortality and magic). I've recently really begun to appreciate under-rated races like gnomes and halflings. 

Day 3 - Favorite Playable Class
     I always loved playing the magic-user, mage, wizard, whatever it was called. I like the idea of sorcerers and how they evolved from the classic wizard class. In the more recent editions, I love the idea of the warlock class, but have never played one (yet!). 



No comments:

Post a Comment