Monday, April 4, 2016

D&D 30 Day Challenge, Day 4


Day 4 - Favorite Gameworld
      Argh, I'm supposed to be able to choose just one? OK, well, when I was a kid I loved them all. Greyhawk and Blackmoor were tied to the very roots of D&D, so I loved them, and the "Known World" of Mystara in Basic D&D was tied to my initiation into the game, and expanded through Bruce Heard's "Princess Ark" stories in Dragon Magazine. Greenwood's writing made me fall in love with the Forgotten Realms. The Dragonlance fiction sucked me in, although there was something I always found a little uncomfortable about it. Ravenloft was one of my first and favorite AD&D modules, and when it became its own world, I fell in love. So many worlds . . .
     But these days, my favorite Gameworld - official published on, I mean, not one I created - is Áereth, the Gameworld created by Goodman Games for the Dungeon Crawl Classics series of modules for D&D 3rd, 3.5, and 4th edition. It combines so much of what I loved about Mystara, Greyhawk, and the Forgotten Realms. Great stuff. It's also the default setting for the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG, which has evolved from D&D.

No comments:

Post a Comment