Monday, April 29, 2013

Conquer a Fear (Day 29 of 30 Days to a Better Man)

Conquer a Fear

     I don't feel like I have many of these that I haven't faced yet. The author of the challenge points out that he is more concerned with irrational fears (like fear of telling someone the truth, or telling someone how you really fell about them, or fear of doing relatively safe things like driving a car or riding in an airplane) than with natural, biological fears (like what you feel when you see a rattlesnake slithering towards you in the wilderness, or looking over the edge of a cliff). The fears in my life of which I am aware are all ones with a biological component, and things I have faced (I have a fear of heights - which is in the author's category of rational, biological fears - but I did not hesitate to step up to the edge of the Grand Canyon and look over the edge. I suffer from some claustrophobia - especially because I am a large person - but I spent an hour of my morning yesterday walking through caves 75 feet underground at Colossal Cave). Social fears, anxiety, etc. - I don't really let those hold me back anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment