Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Take a Woman on a Date (Day 9 of 30 Days to a Better Man)

Take a Woman on a Date

     Well, I did this on Saturday, not because I was looking forward to this "challenge," but because it was fun. I am not going to be able to do this today (nor for several days to come), so I am glad that I just did this. Our date was simple - we went to Starbucks and spent the entire afternoon and early evening there, sitting out in the shade, reading our books (to ourselves and each other), discussing ideas, planning our wedding. It felt like a perfect day. Tanya and I had a great time. 

     The date we had met the criteria of the "challenge" as laid down by The Art of Manliness: it was paired off (just my bride-to-be and myself!), it was planned ahead (I had asked her out the day before, but we didn't confirm plans until that morning), and it was paid for (I had a considerable number of Starbucks gift cards stocked up, so we had our date for free!). Best of all, it was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment