Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Get a Straight-Razor Shave (Day 30 of 30 Days to a Better Man)

Get a Straight-Razor Shave

     Well, here I am at the end of the 30 days. I still have some tasks to finish (haven't finished memorizing "If," haven't taken the Marine Corps Fitness test yet, etc.), but I'm working on all the tasks I haven't done yet. They should all be done within the next month, I think. But this is the last one.

     I have never done this before, but I am looking forward to it. I've researched some barber shops that offer the service in the area (one of the few in the city is just a cross-street up from my home!), and I just need to make sure of a few things, and I'll schedule it (for today, tomorrow, or the next day). So I'll try to update this when I have more information . . .

UPDATE - So I did get my straight-razor shave on the 30th! Wow! Smoothest, closest shave I have ever had! Amazing! And it was immensely manly! Although now I look rather boyish - I still seem to lose about 10 years from my apparent age whenever I shave off the beard . . .
     The process was longer than I expected, and it did hurt a bit. I got a few nicks and cuts, and my face tends to bruise very easily when doing the kind of heavy shaving necessary to remove my beard, so my face is still covered in bruises . . . but it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment