Thursday, April 4, 2013

Increase Your Testosterone (Day 4 of 30 Days to a Better Man)

Increase Your Testosterone

     Fortunately for me, I see no signs of declining testosterone yet, but as I get older, maintaining a healthy level could be difficult. Here is the Art of Manliness' checklist of things a man can do to increase testosterone. One is supposed to do at least 3 of them to complete this challenge. Ideally, one should do at least 3 of these every day:

* Get at least 8 hours of sleep
* Do not smoke at all today (doesn't count as one of the 3 if you don't smoke)
* Do not eat anything with soy in it
* Meditate for at least 10 minutes
* Do resistance training
* Eat a serving of fat (preferably monosaturated)
* Eat a serving of animal protein
* Eat a serving of cruciferous vegetables
* Have morning sex (if your partner is willing)

     So far today, I already got more than 8 hours of sleep (12 last night, in fact - not like my usual 5 hours!), don't smoke (which doesn't count), and have meditated for at least 10 minutes. I am most likely to eat a serving of fat and a serving of animal protein, if I can manage that, and maybe do some resistance training.
     Unfortunately, my breakfast did contain soy, and I don't ever eat cruciferous vegetables if I can help it!

No comments:

Post a Comment